Assessing the efficiency of Gazprom Neft's contribution to regional social development
Gazprom Neft’s rationale for social initiatives depends on their economic and corporate reputational impact as well as on the social impact on a region and local communities. The company is monitoring quantitative and qualitative performance indicators at all stages of the project’s life cycle, which allows flexibility in implementation in order to achieve the planned social outcome.
Gazprom Neft is assessing the efficiency of its regional policy by conducting internal audit: it is assessing stakeholder satisfaction, organising a dialogue with stakeholders, and analysing the feedback. The effectiveness of the social investment is being assessed at all stages of the annual social-project implementation cycleRead more about implementing social projects, and approaches to assessing their efficiency in the Gazprom Neft Sustainability Report for 2018..
To assess the results of the “Home Towns” Programme, the company is using a range of tools for interacting with stakeholders, and receiving feedback from them:
- monitoring implementation and achievement of goals, objectives, interim and final performance indicators;
- conducting opinion polls;
- holding public consultations/meetings with residents as part of the planning process for social investment programmes;
- conducting professional surveys of stakeholder representatives, including research agencies specialists, non-profit organisations, and educational institutions that operate similar projects;
- conducting social and marketing research;
- gathering feedback on the Home Towns Programme website;
- online voting/open contests for residents.
Timely monitoring and feedback mean that the right performance indicators can be set, and allow for flexibility in the programme to achieve them. Best practices are identified and reviewed in consultation with stakeholders, so they can be rolled out in other regions.
The results of internal assessment of projects under the “Home Towns” Programme, conducted in 2019, allowed the company to adjust particular areas, indicators and patterns for implementing them, to streamline work processes, and achieve the results it had planned.